Spaghetti with Spinach pesto and prawns
This recipe couldn’t be easier. Boiling the water was about the most time consuming part. A quick whizz, heat and stir. It’s also a great way to hide vegetables from fussy eaters.
I don’t often eat pasta, but it’s another of those things niggling in the back of my head. As a post workout carb source, it fits just fine so I thought, ‘why not’. I’ve heard great reports about ‘Slim Pasta’ too, so if you’re watching your carb intake you could just as easily use that.
- Cooking Time:
- Prep Time:
- 60g spaghetti, (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 60ml (1/4 cup) chicken stock
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- a pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoess
- 125g small raw prawns, (shrimp)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta as directed.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the garlic in a food processor or blender and puree. Add the remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes and prawns, and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the edges of your blender a few times to make sure all the spinach is pureed.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan to a moderate-high heat. Spray/brush with cooking spray and add the tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes until the edges begin to blacken in places. Add the the prawns and stir-fry for about a minute. Add the spinach puree and bring to a simmer.
- Stir through the pasta and serve.
Tips and Techniques
This recipe will work with gluten-free pasta or spelt pasta if you don't want to use white pasta.